We are pleased to announce the next batch of CityStudio North Vancouver collaborations that have begun in January 2021. With a total of 14 course collaborations with representation from four faculties and 10 departments, the initiative continues to foster enriching and impactful projects for all involved! Stay tuned for additional details about each collaboration as they develop over the next few months. Outcomes from each one will be showcased at the HUBBUB #4 Digital Project Showcase in April 2021!
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- GEOG 316 x CNV Environmental Sustainability: How might we incorporate an equity and health lens into the upcoming Environment Strategy?
- BIOL 105 x CNV Filming and Community Events: A variety of topics for students to choose from, including Sustainability in Film, Zero waste community events, Invasive species management, Urban agriculture, Circular economy, Wildfire management.
- ENGL 338 x Public Art Program (North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission): How might we use sound to tell the story of public art?
- CRIM 101 x North Vancouver RCMP: A variety of topics for students to choose from, including: Police Uniforms, Substance Abuse Education, Engaging with skateboarders at the Shipyards, Does Compstat reduce crime?, Mail Theft Reduction, Women’s Personal Safety Workshop, Relationship-building between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Residents, Decriminalization of Possession of Drugs, Social Media and Sexual Exploitation.
- PSYC 212 x North Vancouver City Library: topic(s) TBD
- PSYC 212 x CNV Community Planning: topic(s) TBD
Faculty of Business and Professional Studies
- BADM 335 x CNV Fire Department: What might be some barriers to diverse participation in the Fire Department workforce? [interviews with community members]
- BADM 466 x CNV Fire Department: How might we foster a more diverse Fire Department workforce? [proposing recommendations based on BADM 335 findings]
- CMNS 495 x CityStudio North Vancouver: How might we raise awareness of the HUBBUB digital showcase in the wider community?
Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts
- IDES 244 x CNV Environment team: How might we raise awareness about invasive species management?
- IDES 244 x CNV Fire Department: How might we engage young adults in fire safety education?
Faculty of Global and Community Studies
- TOUR 227 x CNV Shipyards: How might we develop programming for the Shipyards in times of physical distancing?
- TOUR 435 x Monova: How might we engage young adults in the new MoNoVa (Museum of North Vancouver) location?
- HKIN 162: Students writing Kindness Cards to local seniors.
Would you like to participate in a CityStudio collaboration? We want to hear from you! Submit your course collaboration idea(s) as soon as possible so that we can begin the conversation. We are beginning to match courses for the upcoming Summer and Fall 2021 terms. Note the following deadlines:
- Summer 2021 Collaborations: Apply by March 31, 2021
- Fall 2021 Collaborations: Apply by May 15, 2021