We are currently looking for a Research Assistant to start this September until December 2021. Applications close September 17th 2021.
CITYSTUDIO STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (RA)
|Job Title:||CITYSTUDIO STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (RA)|
|Job Location:||CapU Campus/Online|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Position Type:||Part-time Temporary/Contract|
|Remuneration & Hours of Work:||$16.43 hourly for 10 hours per week|
|Job Categories:||This is a job offered on Capilano University campus|
Capilano University is currently expanding opportunities for work-integrated learning (WIL) within the University’s academic programs. CityStudio North Vancouver is a current university initiative that facilitates WIL by supporting collaborations between municipal staff, university faculty and students. The research assistant will support the development of CityStudio by conducting research on policies and programs related to the City of North Vancouver and surrounding municipalities.
The Student Research Assistant, under the supervision and direction of faculty or an administrator, will
assist with creative activity, research and scholarship-related activities. Typical duties include literature
reviews, assisting with the set-up and preparation of research activities, publications and dissemination of research findings through various forms of scholarly engagement and communication, on and off campus.
Examples of Job Duties:
– Reviewing council meeting minutes (City, Districts of North and West Van), summarizing key motions and helping to identify potential staff partners / faculty partners / community organizations in order to inform the work of the CityStudio Project Lead
– Researching and summarizing City strategies and goals to inform the development of course collaborations
– Reviewing CapU schedule and scanning course outlines to identify possible faculty leads for CityStudio course collaborations
– Research on best practices for digital engagement and reporting on experiences of students and partners
– Research on best practices for use of J.E.D.I principals in CSNV operations
– Supporting the CityStudio Project Lead in developing metrics for measuring impacts of CSNV collaborations
– conducting literature reviews
– collecting contact information for potential community partners
– assisting with the set-up and preparation of research activities
– assisting in the creation of reports and materials by utilizing digital media skills
-working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and other research assistants
CityStudio alumni and students with Work Integrated Learning experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. You must be a current Capilano University student to apply. We appreciate all applications and will only be contacting successful candidates for interviews the week of Sept. 20 – 24th 2021.
Please submit applications including Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org