Working with students on a project through CityStudio can provide valuable outside-the-box thinking and experimentation to help move important issues forward. Our team will provide support throughout the process to ensure the best results for you and the students.
I found it very manageable this term. The CityStudio staff and faculty partner were helpful in managing communications with the students and very respectful of our time.Anonymous municipal partner, December 2020
Are you a CapU faculty member interested in incorporating CityStudio into your course?
City Staff & Partners
Are you a CNV staff or partner who would like to collaborate or suggest an opportunity?
Are you a CapU current or prospective student wanting to enroll in a CityStudio experience?
For a project to be successful, we’ve learned that:
- Most collaborations take place in the Fall (September to December) and Spring (January to April)
- Staff need to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours during the term (complex collaborations may require more time)
- This includes a pre-term scoping meeting, 3 in-class visits and HUBBUB, our end-of-term showcase.
Thank you for all your hard work connecting instructors and community partners, and for your guidance and dedication. It was such a rewarding experience for me and my AHIS330 students. I highly recommend instructors get involved. Project-based learning is so fantastic. Can’t wait until we can do face-to-face projects again.Sandra Seekins, Art History Coordinator and Instructor, April 2020
Hear from our participants
Check out the stories of students, faculty and staff partners who have completed a CityStudio project.
- Iggy Lao + Alcohol in Public Spaces ResearchIggy Lao was part of the team that conducted research on the Alcohol in Public […]
- Aliz Revoczi + QR Codes for Public ArtAliz Revoczi was part of the team that created proposed the QR Codes for Pubic […]
- Kirsten Marr and Angela Jiang: Love Letters & Secret GardensKirsten Marr and Angela Jiang are two of the students who created the Love Letters […]
- Mikaela Johnson + Just Click. It’s Quick!Mikaela is one of our first CityStudio North Vancouver alumni. She was part of the […]
- Elnaz Khanverdi + NOVAElnaz is one of our first CityStudio North Vancouver alumni. During the first term of […]
- Tatjana Steck + BarkletsAs someone who already studied in several countries, I can say that CityStudio North Vancouver […]
My school work felt useful, like it was something that could make a change/have a purpose.Laura Choo, Tourism Management student, December 2020