Research and proposals for environmental sustainability in the City.
Term: Spring 2021
Course: BIOL 105 (Environmental Biology)
Instructor: Rachel Clearwater, Michelle Gunness
Staff contact: Clare Husk (City of North Vancouver
Students will select a topic from the proposed list of environmental topics that are relevant to the City of North Vancouver and research an existing project or initiative related to that topic, then propose a new idea / initiative that could be applied to support the City of North Vancouver’s goals.
- Sustainability in film
- Zero waste community events
- Diesel generators in film
- Wildfire management
- Invasive species management
- Urban agriculture
- Circular economy
City Strategy and Goal Area:
- Council Strategic Plan
- A Liveable City leads the way in climate action and acts as a steward of the environment for future generations.
- Official Community Plan
- Goal 4.1: Develop, promote and implement strategies to mitigate and adapt to climate change
- Goal 4.2: Measure, maintain and improve long-term ecosystem health.
- Goal 4.3: Engage the community to promote more sustainable behaviours.