Students to research and design projects to address important topics with the North Vancouver RCMP
Term: Fall 2021
Course: CRIM 101 (Introduction to Criminology)
Instructor: Sarah Yercich
Staff contact: Sgt. Peri Mainwaring + 5 mentors from the North Vancouver RCMP
Student groups will work with mentors to address the following research questions:
|How can we best measure the community’s response to the reform of the police uniform for the Integrated Outreach Team (IOT)?|
|How can we implement the Culture in the Park event this Fall 2021 to best support cultural awareness towards the Indigenous populations within the community? |
|How can we strengthen the relationship between the City of North Vancouver RCMP’s Youth Integrated Unit and the community’s youth?|
|How can we support the development of a Detox Unit on the North Shore?|
City Strategy and Goal Area:
- Official Community Plan 2014
- Goal 3.2: Safeguard the community and protect life, property and the environment.
- Objective 3.2.2. Maximize the safety and security of community members by preventing and reducing the opportunities for, as well as the social and economic factors contributing to, criminal activity;
- Council Strategic Plan 2018
- A City for People is welcoming, inclusive, safe, accessible and supports the health and well-being of all.