Are you a techie? Conversational whiz? We need your help to make our third HUBBUB legendary! We are looking for moderators to oversee project “booths” at our digital showcase. It’s a fun way to support the event while meeting new people and learning about this term’s collaborations. Click here for more details about the event.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of Zoom meeting for one project at the showcase
- Keeping an eye out for questions in the live chat
- Chatting with the project group when there are no other visitors 🙂
- Network with community leaders in a professional environment.
- Become familiar with an increasingly popular digital event platform (Pheedloop).
- Add this experience to your co-curricular record (if you are a student).
- All moderators will receive a CapU Nalgene water bottle or some fun City of North Vancouver swag as a thank you gift.
Training session / Practice run: Friday December 11th, 2-3PM
Shift: Thursday December 17, 9:30AM-12:00PM (with opportunities to wander around the showcase during this time)
To sign up as a volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 20th or as soon as possible. Let us know briefly why you wish to volunteer, any previous experience you have with facilitation, and confirm that you are available for the training session and the entire shift. Please also indicate if you have a preference regarding the topic of the project you moderate. We will try to place you with a group that meets your interests! Some possible topics:
- Media + Wellbeing
- Tourism + Public space
- Design + Transportation
- Design + Library
- Seniors + Social connection
- Police + Diverse communities
We can’t wait to collaborate with you!